My 13 Must-Have Spring Break Beach Essentials
Happy FRI-YAY!!! FRI-NALLY! Okay, enough with the cheesy play-on-words, but really y’all, thank goodness for spring break! We’re headed back down to the #OIBHappy house on the NC coast today and we’re crossing our fingers for some good beach weather!
Now, I’m pacing around the house trying to pack, clean and get ready to leave so I decided to share with you my top spring break beach essentials. I also just happened to find the perfect bathing suit this year (which is SO not the norm) and I’m excited to share it with you. But first, here’s what I’m packing and what you should add to your shopping list if anything is missing!
- Big, cheap sunnies – the bigger the better and cheaper the better! I love these fun BP sunnies from Nordstrom!
- Cute suit – duh, this is kind of a given right? Scroll down to see my favorite suits this season!
- Comfortable cover up – I’m loving this simple white cover up
- Yeti tumbler – or any stainless steel tumbler that keeps your beachside cocktails cold!
- Carry-all tote – the pompoms on this one are adorable and the price is great too!
- Fun beach towel – I love this classic fringe towel
- Towel clips – if you’ve ever been on the beach on a windy day then you know you need these!
- Sassy sandals – I just bought these simple gold sandals from Target and they are perfect for the beach!
- Bold earrings – now I probably won’t don these baubles on the beach with the family but I love them for lounging by the pool with my girlfriends, although I typically always wear some sort of studs at the beach!
- Sun hat – how fun is this hat and it comes in lots of different phrases
- Convenient cooler – this backpack cooler is a lifesaver and I bring it everywhere I go, from the beach to the lacrosse field
- Portable speaker – I don’t usually take my favorite speaker onto the sand but I definitely tote it to the beach house because what’s a trip without great tunes?
- Waterproof phone pouch – I just ordered a waterproof pouch for my phone (after using ziplock bags for years!) and I’m so excited!
So back to the swim suits! Old Navy is not usually my go-to for suits but this season they have a great selection! They have everything from halters to ruffle bandeaus to tankinis and I feel like the fit is much better than it used to be. I bought both of the ruffle tops and string bikini bottoms which fit my shape the best (thanks to 7 months of 4-5 days per week of Crossfit although I’m still not where I want to be). I did try on several of the others styles and they fit too! The great thing is that most of them are mix and match sizes and styles. Oh and there is 25% off right now with code: MORE. Happy shopping!
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO SHOP:
So now I’m dying to know…what are your favorite spring break beach essentials?
This gets me so excited for beach days! Love the hat and the straw beach bag is a must!. Happy weekend, Summer!
Me too!!! So excited for a little break! Happy spring!